USI’s Training Centers comply with state accredited supporting classroom, field and online continuous education including pre-assignment, on-the-job and annual security training services.
USI is committed to training to maintain officer sharpness and as criteria for advancement.
USI security officer training requires all security personnel to:
- Complete an 4 Hour Pre-Assignment Training Course prior to applying to the Department of State for a Security Guard Registration Card
- Participate in 8 Hours On-the-Job Training Course for Security Guards within 90 days of initial employment as a security guard
- Annually complete an 8 Hour Annual In-service Training Course for Security Guards every year thereafter.
USI delivers and tracks training through classroom, hands-on role play and online distance learning to ensure compliance with its training requirements. This enables USI to document and maintain detailed training records for every professional.
USI leverages training expertise and technology to ensure that every security officer is properly trained and prepared providing its customers with confidence to maintain the safety and security of its people and property.
Pre-Assignment Training includes review and testing of the following:
- Introduction and Role of a Security Guard
- Legal Powers and Limitations
- Emergency Situations
- Communications and Public Relations
- Access Control
- Ethics and Conduct
On-The-Job and Annual Training includes site specific requirements and a variety of online distance learning programs and resources support by our partner Intellum:
- Emergency Procedures
- Fire Protection Systems
- Fire and Life Safety Module
- Prevention and Response
- Liability Avoidance
- Professionalism and Ethics
- Security Officer Safety
- CPR and AED
- Continuous Authority of a Private Security Officer
- Courtroom Testimony
- Crime and Crime Prevention
- Crowd Control
- Effective Report Writing
- Effective Security Patrols